Sunday 10 November 2013

Taiwan Part I - Day 1 & 2

Hey guys!! So I'm back from Taiwan! The whole trip was amazing except the weather part bc Taiwan was having a typhoon and it was raining everyday when we were there! :( and the thing is, the kind of rain wasn't those heavy downpour that happpens for a while and then it's sunny out again. It was like drizzle-non-stop-for-24/7 kind of rain. I'd really like the weather there if it wasn't for the rain! Felt like everywhere was natural air-con! I took quite a lot of pictures bc I knew I was gonna blog about the trip HAHAHA! We were there with Mum, Stepdad, 2 adorable little brothers, Mum's Thai friend and her colleagues! I mostly shopped with her colleagues every night (super fun) bc mum had to take care of the kids and it ain't easy for her to shop :(
Little Addison and his Barney waiting to check-in our baggage.
Breakfast at SKL lounge. I know this meal looks damn weird bc it was like beehoon + western breakfast HAHAHAHA. It was a buffet so i just took whatever i felt like eating so this was it xD
Hot Cocoa. A little too sweet for my liking but I drank it anyway
First time flying business class, the service was.....WOW
Fresh Fuits - really really sweet.  Watched The Internship on the flight there, I'll rate that 4.5/5 ^^
Had a choice of Singapore Nasi Lemak, Dim Sum or Poached eggs so yup, i chose the last choice!
This was called Poached eggs with hollandaise sauce,bacon,ham,roasted tomato and rosti potatos.. ALL MY FAVE!!! But I already had breakfast at the lounge and they were serving these like 2hours later so I wasn't exactly that hungy hahaha. I was like telling my stepdad "还没有到台湾就一直吃,到了那里我还有的救" And then he just laughed and said I should just enjoy.
As for the dessert, Mango Panna Cotta with seasonal fruits. I finished all the fruits on this but didn't finish the pudding! Was too full HHAHAA.  
Finally arrived at Taipei Airport after a 4.5hr plane ride! Selfie with mumsie. 
First meal in Taiwan! This was beehoon with pork knuckles (oops beehoon again) A plate of this was for about $1.5 SGD? The beehoon taste different from the sg version as it was thinner! 
This was some hakka old street (I forgot the name ><) This was when I first encountered really really super duper friendly Taiwanese!!!!! It's like most of the shops sells drinks so I went to the first to sample then when i finished, i was holding the empty plastic cup as I walked down the street - guess what? I got stopped like almost at every drink stall - the people selling were like "那空杯不要丢,拿过来,阿姨请你喝我们店的饮料" and they really did pour a generous amount into the cup. I was like WOAH they're all so 热情 :O 
Aston (& his BJ) and Mumsie
Shop selling old-schooled toys and some souvenirs.
Can't believe how dark the sky is when it's like only 5pm+ in TW, the sky looked like 10pm in Sg! Finally checked into our hotel at about 7.30pm. This room has 2 single beds and a queen sized bed. I slept with 3 other mum's colleagues! - Jayme, April, Xiao Hui Jie Jie! Our hotel was conveniently located just above the 逢甲夜市 (Fengjia Night Market) and like once we chekced in, we put down our luggage, change into comfier clothes and immediately went down for some food and shopping! 
Famous Takoyaki! Had to queue to get this! About >2sgd for 6 pieces - so much more affordable and yummy than sg's
THIS IS A MUST MUST TRY IN TAIWAN. I'm not even kidding, you HAVE to get the papaya milk from this stall. Yep there was a loooong queue >< queuing is worth it so doesnt matter HAHAHA.
JENG JENG JENGGGGG - I had this for my last trip in 2010 and missed the taste of it so much!! I savoured each and every single sip this time! (abit exaggerating huh) I'm  not sure of the price of this bc everytime I wanted to pay, April Jie Jie will say "no need la I treat you" >< 
Here's the takoyaki as mentioned
I had this at like 11pm HAHAHA, so guilty but it's not like i get to eat this everyday right? (; Bacon and cheese baked potato!!!! About 2sgd
Finn and Jake items (there were alot in TW) too bad I didn't see any Lady Rainicorn stuff :(
FIRST. EVER. MANICURE. okay my nails are really tiny and ugly bc I used to bite them when I was younger (biggest life regret damn.) So I never really went to manicures as it was a waste of money for my short nails :( but this was different HEH, it was only 3sgd so I thought why not? :D 
Day 1 loots - A dress, pair of sneakers, skater skirt, arm candy, 2 lipbalms (I'm a total lipbalm fanatic idek why seriously!!) and a facial cleanser bc i forgot to bring mine! Spent >45sgd on all these which was quite reasonable i guess?
[Anddddd, that's all for day 1 ^^] 
RISE AND SHINE!! Came to this sandwich shop right opposite our hotle for breakfast! Huge variety and yummy!
My ham and egg burger! They even have corn in it heheh I love corn! This was like 1.5sgd (If you're wondering how I keep converting everything to sgd when I buy stuff it's bc i wanted to compare the prices!)  
Shop that sells chinese pastries! Bought a packet of milk candy for myself and a box of 太阳饼 for grandma back in SG
Theme park day at Leofoo Village 六幅村. It wasn't really raining for that period of time even though there were dark clouds so......phew! Sat on the viking twice (no picture bc my phone might have flew away if i did take any) can literally see the whole theme park from the ship and it went so high my body was exploding with adrenaline xD I LOVE HEIGHTS when it comes to such stuff!!! 
Aladdin themed place! It's like how USS have it's different themes, they have nicely done ones too! But I only got to visit about 2 (Aladdin & South Pacific) due to time constraint!
The pretty Aladdin Village
Here's me looking cui on the carousel >< 
Birds with rainbow-coloured feathers! I thought i'd never see such beautiful creatures other than on the internet but THEY ARE REAL and I TOOK THIS -overly excited idk- there were quite a number of them at the viewing area! 
Brother's Lunch at one of the fast food restaurant in the park! Taiwan's into this duck-craze right now, it's like everywhere I went there were duck-related items! This plate of food looks like something Japanese HAHAHA i think it was around 6sgd?
With April and Xiao Hui Jie Jies. My hair in a mess as usual. 
After the theme park, we went to some street for a little shopping - didn't turn out well as there was a really heavy rain over there :( stopped at a small ramen shop for shelter and lunch!
This meal - (seafood ramen + cutlet + drink) total up to 6sgd only WOW 
Checked in to another hotel on day 2! Apparently the toilet was see-through and the curtains were on the outside (OMGG) and we were like whoever pulls the curtain when we shower was gonna seriously get it!!!!  
MEESUA FOR DINNER!! HEHEH I LOVE MEESUA!! I always get the ShiLin ones in Singapore without the oysters bc I don't like them - but this was with pig intestines so YUMS (don't start judging me aha)

WIDE ARRAY OF MASKS!!!! 
Another night with my papaya milk  
Loots from 士林夜市 & 淡水老街 -  3 pullovers, one bag, one pair of stocking, 3 socks one of which is for my bud bud (obv the banana one haha) she saw this online and told me about it the other time, so when i saw them in the night market i immediately looked for wifi and texted her

OH AND WE SHOPPED IN THE RAIN EVERY NIGHT :( 
Ending off this post with my supper from 7-11! I miss this bowl of noodles already!! Bought the melty egg seperately to put it in with the noodles - PERFECT COMBI and PERFECT WAY TO END THE NIGHT HEHE :D

So that's all I have for the Day 1 & 2 in Taiwan. Stay tuned for Part II (Day 3, 4,5) and thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment